The CFR-HE+ horizontal heat recovery units feature compact dimensions and easy assembly. The rotary heat exchanger is made from aluminium sheets, alternatively plane and corrugated, one another wrapped. The result is a honeycomb structure in which conducts pass both the fresh air and the stale air flows.
The exchanger surface, made porous and hygroscopic by some treatments, allows absorbing the humidity. Half the rotor is immersed in the stale airflow which (in winter conditions) yields heat and humidity to the hygroscopic matrix; then, as a consequence of rotation, the fresh air flows in these conducts, recovering both heat and humidity (latent heat).
The two fans are centrifugal types. The rotary exchanger allows, in winter conditions, to recover both the sensible and the latent heat. In summer conditions a part of the humidity contained in the inlet flow is ceded to the expulsion flow, achieving analogous peak efficiency.
Thanks to this high efficiency, the fresh air in winter conditions can be directly introduced in air-conditioned rooms, without installing post-heating sections. The inlet fan is pressing on the heat exchanger, so the air blow-by direction is from the fresh air to the stale airflow.
The drain pan collector is not present because the humidity contained in one of the airflows is partially absorbed by the porous surface but then completely transferred to the opposite flow: therefore the humidity condensation is avoided.
With the fans working, it is possible to stop the heat exchanger rotation: so we realize a “virtual bypass”, useful during the between season.
The models of the series CFR-HE+ can be given with an ionization system of the air called BIOXIGEN®.
This system, unique in its type, makes the air and surfaces of the machine, of the ducts and the bordering rooms healthy and good smelling.
• Constant airflow fans available on CFR-HEE+ 100N-400N.
• Case made by sandwich panels 23 mm thickness, galvanized inner skin and prepainted outer skin; 45 kg/m3 density foamed polyurethane as heat and sound insulation.
• Induction motor-heat exchanger assembly easily sideways removable.
• Full-range controlled direct driven double inlet centrifugal fans; CFR-HEE+ version with low consumption EC technology motors available.
• Filtering sections composed of cell filters with polypropylene media, extractable from side removable panels, ISO 16890 ePM1 55% efficiency for the fresh air flow, and ePM10 55% efficiency for the exhaust airflow.
• Integrated pressure switch for dirty filter signal.
Contact us to enquire technical details, price information and payment options.