- Ozone is a natural product formed by treating the oxygen in the air
- Ozone provides final treated bottled water which is safer, cleaner, colourless, odourless, palatable & oxygenated
- Ozone is very effective against essentially all taste and odour causing organic materials and oxidisable inorganic
- Ozone does not produce any undesirable secondary effects like other oxidants
- Ozone effect over a wide pH range and inactivates micro-organisms in water
- Ozone enables rapid treatment and control of odour which affects the quality & safety of water
- Residual ozone sterilises bottles in which the water is being packaged
- The half-life of ozone in pure water is 20 minutes
- Disinfects new moulded bottles & caps
- Keep lines and equipment disinfected
- Provides overall bacterio-static condition
- Ozone increases shelf life
- Improves the taste of the water
Ozone Bottled Water
With high oxidation power, Ozone is the most powerful and fastest disinfectant known in the bottled water industry. High oxidation power is fully effective in the destruction of bacterias and viruses, colour removal and re-use of water. The application of ozone to the water for 4 to 10 minutes is sufficient for disinfection. It has long been used safely throughout the world due to its low chemical costs, low cost and low operating costs.
The ozonation process is widely used in drinking and using water all over the world. In 1982, the FDA issued the Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) declaration for the use of ozone gas in bottled water and declared ozone as safe.
Since viruses are very small in size, they form a parasitic biological cluster. Viruses cannot be captured by bacteria filters. Depending on the state of the water, 0.1 to 0.5 mg / lt ozone is sufficient to kill 99.99% of bacteria.
Furthermore, ozone gas oxidizes highly dangerous substances such as iron, manganese, and arsenic in water due to its very strong oxidation structure.
Ozone gas to be applied to the water feature, flow rate, and heavy metal ratio according to the appropriate mixture and ozone control system is provided with the installation. The system operates with fully automatic control and disinfection becomes continuous.
The ozone system in drinking and potable water is a legal obligation in many countries as well as in our country in the legal legislation.
The most effective and healthiest method in drinking and potable water is the ozone-enriched air method and the international documents have been given.
You can check our ozone generators for drinking water treatment by clicking here.
Need more information?
Speak to one of our Air Treatment Experts today